Global Trade Compliance Manager, Strategy and Special Projects
The Google Compliance team makes sure that our business is always consistent
with the current financial regulations. Comprised of master jugglers, this team
balances Google's legal and compliance requirements with the dynamic needs of
our users and the values of our company. As part of this team, you proactively
identify pain points and gaps in existing policy frameworks and find innovative
solutions. You develop efficient compliance systems and work with teams to
implement these across the organization. You are thorough in all you do and see
to it that as Google pursues our next big idea, we always have our bases
As a Global Trade Compliance Manager, you will support Google’s global trade
compliance program for the company’s consumer hardware products. You will also
support the development, administration and execution of our global trade
compliance program across our key import regions (North America, EMEA and APAC
and emerging markets); in addition to this, you will project manage a range of
global projects and strategic initiatives.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it
universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and
develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with
computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to
capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving
interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through
- Manage global implementation of compliance vendor to support; expand
scope of the hardware compliance team.
- Assist with all compliance aspects of new product introduction and
- Manage global compliance metrics, reporting and process design.
- Assist with the on-going design, development and implementation of
global customs compliance processes, training and service models.
- Manage global import/export programs for specialized supply chains; this
includes returns and repairs, retail marketing and emerging products.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant work experience in trade compliance.
- Experience working cross-functionally among teams and business groups,
consulting/internet background; legal interest/knowledge.
- Experience in a compliance/audit function in the payments or banking
industry and/or knowledge of compliance regulations.
- Experience implementing projects, ability to thrive in a demanding,
change-oriented, fast-paced environment requiring a high degree of
- Strong project management, process improvement, computer and analytical
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php