VP of Supply Chain
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Job Type: Direct Hire
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Supply Chain is responsible for managing
Procurement, Sourcing, Planning and Logistics functions for a $200 million
revenue business with a purchase spend of $120 million. In charge of overseeing
and motivating a group of individuals to achieve company goals in a timely
- Manage and optimize a supply chain network into multiple manufacturing
plants and lead transformation of current business model to a supply chain
partnering with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Drive SIOP process to ensure all elements of the business are aligned on
a demand plan that achieves company’s top line goals
- Manage organization encompassing both strategic and tactical functions.
- Develop, implement, set and meet targets for key performance indicators
to include forecast accuracy, capacity utilization/efficiency, schedule
adherence, lead times, inventory turns, in-stock performance/on-time
delivery, excess/obsolete inventory, etc.
- Drive operational excellence and best practices to improve purchasing
- Manage supplier relationships and strategy for all suppliers;
develop/grow world-class supply base (cost, delivery and quality).
- Drive price negotiations with all vendors and suppliers.
- Coach, mentor and develop supply chain team, building a diverse and high
- Works with freight forwarders, shipping lines and customs brokers to
efficiently manage in-bound logistics.
- Develops and maintains sourcing cost reduction and supplier optimization
program utilizing an international sourcing group.
- Utilizes IREN and Oracle MRP systems (a result of acquisition history).
Key Performance Indicators
- Customer fill rate – sales $ as a % of sales dollars. 100% if adequate
inventory is planned and maintained
- On time delivery to customer
- Net cost reduction/PPV
- Inventory turns
- Personal Characteristics
- Ability to motivate people continuously to get jobs completed
- Acute attention to detail
- Focused in execution of tasks to achieve company goals
- Great communication, domestic and global
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with data
- Analytical and problem solving skills
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain or
- 10 years in supply chain focused operations including MRP planning,
forecasting, sourcing and SIOP
- Knowledge of inventory control, cost reduction (including freight) and
continuous improvement/lean techniques
- 5 years in leadership role with quantifiable results
- Experience leading supply chain organizations doing business in Asia and
- Knowledge of importing and logistics
- Experience in purchasing Aluminum foil and other wide web materials
- Demonstrated success in developing and fostering relationships with
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Supply Chain/Inventory certification(s) (e.g., APICS; CPIM; CSCP; CPP;
Supply Chain; Inventory Management)
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php