Senior Trade Compliance Analyst
Location: Atlanta, GA
Salary: $90,000 - $100,000
Job Type: Direct Hire
We are seeking an experienced trade compliance professional to facilitate the
Company’s business by developing, Implementing and overseeing the maintenance of
internal import controls to ensure compliance with US Customs & Border
Protection (CBP) regulations.
- Provide advice and guidance to management and business partners on
- Interface with regional sites, business units, internal and external
customers for import compliance issues.
- Manage trade compliance program and serve as the primary interface as a
subject matter expert on the
- Interpretation and implementation of regulatory requirements
- Develop and implement business processes, procedures and tools to ensure
compliance with U.S import
- Regulations and company policies.
- Interact with customs brokers and freight forwarders to ensure complete,
accurate and compliant
- Information is declared to Customs/Census/FDA to minimize delays and
- Act as primary interface and maintain a close working relationship with
local Customs and regulatory
- Agencies for any potential regulatory issues, while ensuring the timely
and accurate responses to Customs
- Inquiries per local rules and regulations.
- Develop, implement and maintain duty savings programs where applicable.
- Thoroughly research and document correct classifications.
- 10-12 years of experience in trade controls and trade operations.
- Customs broker license.
- A successful candidate would be able to work cross-functionally and
cross-regionally to ensure alignment
- Across the business and across the globe.
- Possess strong knowledge of US Customs & Border import regulations, and
have experience dealing with
- Other government agency requirements (such as the FDA, EPA & US Census)
at the point of importation.
- Familiarity with other country regulations is beneficial (Europe/Asia).
- Experience with customs operational experience for all aspects of
- Very strong HS classification abilities are required, preferably in the
medical device context.
- Other strengths should include valuation, country of origin, duty
savings programs, and dealing with global
- Import formalities, including broker oversight.
- Knowledge of SAP/GTS is preferred.
- Strong understanding of US import regulations.
- Significant experience in HTS Classification
- Familiarity with Duty Savings programs.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to lead cross functional Trade Compliance projects.
- Superior analytical, organizational, leadership, and problem solving
- Ability to think critically, work independently and prioritize workload.
- Experience Level with Business Tools
- Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software
- Experience with SAP/GTS or other similar trade management software
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php