Location: Plano, TX
Salary: $95,000 - $110,000
Job Type: Direct Hire
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Staff Buyer. Working without
appreciable direction, purchases raw materials, sub-assemblies, products and
services in conformance with approved purchase orders at the lowest cost
consistent with considerations for quality, the reliability of source and
urgency of need. Provides support for all basic aspects of purchasing including
but not limited to vendor negotiations, vendor analysis, cost reductions,
utilization of the purchasing system, an expedition of orders and vendor
- Negotiates long-term contracts which are not managed by the commodity
management teams, within established limitations and scope of authority to
obtain the most favorable business partnerships, including but not limited
to quality, availability, and cost.
- Plans and schedules deliveries to optimize inventories in support of
production schedules/business demands by working with forecasting
data/teams, planning teams, commodity teams and shipping/receiving teams.
- Reviews purchase requisitions and confer with vendors to obtain product
information such as price, availability and delivery schedule, reviewing
quotes for accuracy and competitive strategies.
- Implements process and procedure best practices by partnering with other
functional leadership with the related product lines.
- Highly skilled in SAP and MRP including PO management, exception
messaging, master data, and order policies.
- Facilitates vendor corrective action and partners with SQE and suppliers
to improve quality.
- Participates in Research and Development meetings, developing and
implementing action plans to support requirements bringing new products
expeditiously to market.
- Recommends pricing strategies to achieve department operating goals.
- Creates and maintains mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with
suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement, usually being the
single source of contact for the vendor.
- Investigates and recommends new vendors.
- Performs as purchasing subject matter expert for internal and external
customers due to extensive knowledge of purchasing and product line
- Provides coaching and mentoring to junior members of the purchasing
- Monitors supplier performance, communicates and takes action to maintain
high levels of supplier performance.
- Maintains and updates supplier databases as required.
- Generates highly complex reports and performs data analysis to
proactively plan or resolve issues.
- Works with inventory management/warehouse management to resolve issues.
- Lead special projects as requested to reduce cost, increase efficiency,
- May processes some or all of the following: rejected
components/corrective action, returns, debit memos, etc.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other
regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes,
and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with
all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as
Experience(s), education and knowledge
- Bachelor degree in Business, Supply Chain or equivalent experience.
- 8 years of progressively responsible experience in purchasing/commodity
- 5+ years working with purchasing/commodity mgt. software.
- Experience negotiating terms purchasing agreements.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a
fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively
communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
Preferred qualifications and education
- 5+ years working in a highly regulated environment preferred.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php