Director of Procurement
Medical Device | Trade Compliance
- The focus of this job is on achieving results which are aligned with the
larger picture of the organization and its strategic goals.
- Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability
to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, is the key to
achieving the performance objectives of this job.
- Because environmental and organizational conditions change rapidly, the
work involves innovation and creativity in generating ideas for quick
- Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions.
The job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of
- Self-assurance, and the confidence to purposely drive toward results
while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is
- A work style that is firm and goal oriented, and yet motivates, trains,
and engages others in an enthusiastic way is important.
- The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals and
groups requires an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style.
- Because the pace of the work is faster than average, the ability to
learn quickly and thoroughly while continually recognizing and adapting to
changing conditions is critical.
- The scope of the job may require effective delegation to proven people.
Especially routine and repetitive details should be delegated but with
responsibility for follow up and accountability for timely results.
- While the job requires the ability to act independently, a sense of
urgency and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full
commitment to the success of the business and high standards of achievement
are expected in this position.
- The emphasis is on results, and effective systems that achieve results
through and with people, rather than on the details of implementation.
- The job environment is flexible, constantly changing and provides growth
opportunity, recognition and reward for the achievement of business results.
- Characteristics of the Procurement Director:
- Sense of urgency for goal achievement Varied activities Multiple,
simultaneous projects Multi-tasking Fastpaced environment
- Results focus Idea generation, innovative and creative problem-solving
Rapport and relationship building focused on achieving results Engage
commitment of others
- Problem solving orientation
- Risk taking
- Action-oriented and somewhat collaborative decision-making
- Quick decision making in response to changing conditions
- Extroverted, confident, enthusiastic, persuasive Influences, stimulates
others to action Collaboration focused on results
- Directive leadership to assure business results are achieved
- Delegation of details as necessary, with follow up on timeliness and
- Accountability for results
- Pharmaceutical Industry Knowledge of a least 5 years
- Manufacturer SourcingAbility to convert relationships into vendors
- Use vendor relationships to negotiate new products, exclusive deals, and
- Product sourcingMust be able to bring products into our portfolio that
are realistic to our goals
- Vendor complianceMust make sure relationships that become vendors are
done for fully compliant manufacturers within the pharmaceutical industry
- Contract negotiation skillsAbility to negotiate sourced products
consistently at the lowest cost possible
- Market Pricing knowledgeMust be up-to-date constantly with the
fast-changing pricing within the pharmaceutical industry
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php