Export Compliance Manager
Location: Plymouth, MN
Salary: $100,000 - $110,000
Job Type: Direct Hire
Degree: Bachelor, Master
The selected candidate will fill an Empowered Official role within a dynamic
Trade Compliance organization. This individual will be expected to fill a formal
senior leadership role in order to achieve compliance program goals across the
U.S. and various global export/import control regimes.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assure that transactions comply with government export control
regulations and internal procedures for technical data, foreign travel,
foreign visits, and export shipments.
- Obtain, maintain, and monitor applicable export authorizations (ITAR
agreements and amendments, EAR licenses, exemptions/exceptions).
- Interact regularly with and provide regularly and operational support
and guidance on export control compliance matters to internal stakeholders.
- Design, develop, and implement standard work related to compliance with
U.S. and foreign export control laws and regulations.
- Coordinate and administer denied party screening activities and exports.
- Engage with U.S. and foreign government officials on efforts related to
export controls compliance.
- Develop and deliver presentations, including export general awareness
training, program/function specific export training to audiences of varying
size and composition.
- Serves as company’s Empowered Official.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement advanced export control
policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Experience writing, maintaining, and monitoring ITAR Agreements and EAR
- Working knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Foreign Trade
- Proficient in commodity jurisdiction and classification determinations
and making determinations regarding applicability of exemptions and
- Ability to think strategically in order to achieve near- and long-term
compliance program goals.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills,
including the ability to advocate company positions to U.S. and foreign
government agencies and to positively interact across levels throughout the
Familiarity in foreign export/import control regimes (e.g., Canadian
Controlled Goods Program, Australia Export Control Act, U.K. Export Control
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php