Senior Customs Compliance Specialist
Locations: Sacramento, California
Job Family: Legal & Compliance
Division: Export Control and Customs
Business Unit: Export Control and Customs
Requisition Number: 211997
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the
advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new
and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and
Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies,
Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and
Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better
enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit:
Senior Customs Compliance Specialist
Siemens is seeking an expert who will partner with the Siemens Mobility
business with communications, guidance in customs topic. The role will be
responsible for the implementation of the Customs Compliance and Supply Chain
Security program. This position will be based in our Sacramento, California
location where relocation assistance is available for those candidates who are
not local to the area. The role will support the Mobility Division at Siemens
and will be responsible for coordination between the customs organization and
the business within Siemens. This position will report to the Customs Advisory
- The Senior Customs Compliance Specialist will support the business with
process implementation/improvement on the conformance with applicable laws
and regulations for Import compliance and supply chain security (C-TPAT).
- Supports regular training to targeted business groups on import
compliance and supply chain security topics.
- Ability to identify, collect, analyze and evaluate company data and
processes to identify risk & opportunities for standardizing and
streamlining processes across assigned business units in the US.
- Ability to identify, collect, analyze and evaluate processes to identify
gaps with the Siemens Internal Control Program.
- Assist in the development and communication strategies within the
department to influence and affect change to improve compliance and
facilitate business trade activities, including but not limited to
harmonization of processes, methods and standards.
- Specify, capture, monitor and control key metrics for development of
business strategies and presentation to management.
- Influence business practices to implement and utilize internal solutions
to drive innovation and automation.
- Collaboration with various Center of Expertise team members on cross
departmental activities or resolution on transactional activity such as
import transaction resolution, qualification of duty optimizing programs.
- Collaborate with departmental leadership to promote process
- Communicate with business segment management as required.
- Understand complex global transactions, and the ability to apply the
correct guidance to ensure regulatory compliance and the Siemens Internal
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 8 years of experience and
understanding of Customs Compliance
- BS Degree in related field
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of 19 CFR and US HTS
- Conceptual and practical expertise in resolving US Customs Valuation
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP software desired.
- Familiar with ACS reconciliation process.
- Possess strong organizational and project management skills; demonstrate
the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication / interpersonal skills, and the
ability to present
- Customs Broker License is a huge plus but not a requirement
Relocation assistance is available for those who are not local to the area
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United
States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work
authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php