Customs Compliance Manager
San Francisco, CA
We’re reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of
their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from
investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital,
Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base
and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever
you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with
committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Revenue is growing at breakneck speed and Flexport is looking for
experienced, driven customs entry writers to join our team here in San
Francisco. This is a great position for hard-working, detail-oriented
professionals looking to develop their career in the international trade
industry. You'll be working alongside and learning from some of the smartest
people in the logistics industry as we challenge the status quo and reduce the
friction in global trade.
What you'll do:
- You will explain complex import regulatory requirements to staff and/or
clients concerning US Customs and Participating Government Agencies;
- Audit entries for compliance, compile statistics, and recommend
corrective actions and/or necessary training for the staff;
- Manage all post entry processing and follow up, meeting necessary
deadlines to file corrections with Customs, and maintain company-wide
- Classify products as needed;
- Process Customs Import Entries as needed during workload surges;
- Assist operations with difficult and/or repetitive document compliance
- Assist in training of new Customs Brokerage Specialist’s;
- Manage broker compliance matters such as employee status reporting,
triennial reports, and annual user fees;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all regulations and procedures of US
Customs, and other participating government agencies that regulate imports.
What you'll need:
- BA/BS and 7+ years of professional experience in an import compliance
position at an importer or experience in customs brokerage operations;
- Familiarity with U.S. Customs product classification and rulings;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Next-level logistical problem-solving skills;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it.
See something broken? Fix it;
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero;
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital;
- Experience as a Customs Entry Writer;
- Licensed Customs Broker, NCBFAA CCS a plus.
Where you’ll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street. We’re dog-friendly. We do a lot of
1:1s at the beautiful Yerba Buena Gardens and, as a truly global company, we
don’t let geography slow us down. We collaborate with Flexporters all around the
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over
the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make
the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of
entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php